Thread: Another Voice On The Wind

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another Voice On The Wind

Hello, cartographers.

My name is James, though I tend to respond to Ker'ion, especially as there are many thousands of people wandering this planet with the same given name.

In matters of cartography, I'm a beginner, slightly above novice. As far as using imaging software, I tend to have little need for it in most aspects, thus with limited spare time, I rarely use my copy of Photoshop 7 that collects dust outside of the computer and would do so on the hard drive, were that possible. Oddly enough, I tend to use MS Paint for most of my (very) limited graphics needs.

In the professional side of my life, I design technical layouts for shipping aircraft parts. I tell my friends that all I do is draw on a computer & play with laser cutters all day long, which is an oversimplification. As a hobby, I run roleplaying games and create technical designs I don't have the money to build and test.

As far as maps go, I'm currently working on one right now, attempting to transfer it from a hand-drawn map to something digital and decent looking. It has been digitized, but...
    well, here's a link to it:
    |Map of Dragon-Home|
    It's still pretty ugly looking.

I hope to learn more tricks of the trade, flesh the map out over time, and see if I can turn it into an actual interactive 3D globe once I get my computer upgraded past barely being able to run Team Fortress 2.

Oh, and personality-wise, I tend to be easy going, try to use logic to minimize most potential for arguments, and have an abstract train of thought (it may appear to derail at times, but this is probably not true)
    Last edited by Ker'ion; 10-14-2012 at 04:42 AM.