Thread: Possible inspiration?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Possible inspiration?

Hello all, I've been a member for well over a year now and I usually quietly sneak around the site gathering maps to use in my campaigns. During one of my google image searches I found this picture of a torn up bag and I remember seeing some of you saying that they got their inspiration from unconventional methods. I saw potential with the design as an island map but unfortunately I am not good at using the programs and being creative when it comes to art (now ask me for a good plot for a DnD campaign and I'll come up with something). Just passing the image along. Have a good one

EDIT: copyright image removed - please refer to link below.

(Original image looks courtesy of the Glasgow Museum Glasgow Museums - Collections Navigator -RobA>)
    Last edited by RobA; 10-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The image is also tagged as copyrighted so you shouldn't use it UNLESS you are sure you actually have the rights to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    The image is also tagged as copyrighted so you shouldn't use it UNLESS you are sure you actually have the rights to do so.
    Thanks- I had missed the © so removed the image from the site here and left the link.

-Rob A>

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image. I'll pay more attention to the links I click on a probably just refer back to the site anyways just to be sure it doesn't happen again. Like I said, I'm a noobie, so I rarely post pictures anywhere so it's new to me.

Oh, and not quite sure why, but I can't reply to Rob's post for this. The site keeps sending me to a "you're not authorized to do that" link.

Quote Originally Posted by daisygirl View Post
    Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image. I'll pay more attention to the links I click on a probably just refer back to the site anyways just to be sure it doesn't happen again. Like I said, I'm a noobie, so I rarely post pictures anywhere so it's new to me.

Oh, and not quite sure why, but I can't reply to Rob's post for this. The site keeps sending me to a "you're not authorized to do that" link.
    I'm thinking you tried to PM me?
    To prevent spam we have set the threshold for access to the private message system to 5 posts.

Thanks for the link...it was inspirational! Hope you stay around for a while!

-RobA>

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daisygirl View Post
    Apologies!! I never thought that a piece of torn sack would be a copyrighted image.
    It might not be copyrightable. Are you sufficiently specialized in copyright law to make that call? I am not.

That said, if nothing else, the (C) means the creator doesn't want it used other ways and it probably doesn't hurt to respect those wishes.