Thread: First map I feel good about.

Default First map I feel good about.

First map I am willing to share with others. Please, tear it apart for me.

Planning on using it for a novel and campaign world, or at least one that I create. As of right now, this would be the current known world. No cities have been placed as of yet, and others may feel free to use it for personal use so long as credit is given.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46260_10151057509346012_533152248_n.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	49255  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd feel good about that too. The colors are lovely as are the landmasses. I have a few suggestions for you (please feel free to use these or not at your discretion) First, the bevel around the landmasses makes it look as they were placed on the ocean and that they sit above it instead of on it. The large forest suffers from the same problem. It looks like you used a drop shadow to give your forest some depth. That's not a bad idea but at this scale it makes the forest look like it is floating above the ground. You could try to lower the opacity of the shadow and add a blur to blend it with the landmass. Overall this is very good. Keep up the great work !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Looks very good indeed! Agree with jtougas, also maybe rivers could be a bit darker/ more blue to stand out a bit more. Cheers, dj

Thanks for the input. The majority of it was made using Ascension's tutorial with the trees being added later using RobA's tutorial. I'm considering using RobA's for the mountains as well as I'm not particularly liking how they are currently looking. Perhaps I'll play around with the shelf layer to see if I can't make it look better. How about the different climate areas? This is supposed to be completely in the northern hemisphere (In truth, it would be a plane with no definite size as of yet).