Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Vessel Deckplans

I always assumed it would just go in the direction of the engines because of the vacuum too. I'm no engineer though.

This wasn't designed or planned though. I just opened up SAI and started sketching quick plans of taverns, inns, spacecraft, etc. I was just sketching features and shapes that were interesting to draw. This was one of the results.

Larb my first quick view at the thumbnail and I thought this was a vertical section not a plan view LOL then I saw the interior layout!! Interesting design. What is SAI?
    Last edited by Vellum; 01-09-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Paint Tool SAI is a lightweight tablet-focused sketching program. It is very good.

I wonder if we should have a thread on the CG that lists various types of software, what they do, how they relate to stuff on here, if they are free/paid for, etc.

Jaxilon, a force or combined force (e.g. the double engine) must be directed at the center of mass, or the object gets an angular momentum (spin).

But that is only important if you want to create a realistic ship. Fantasy is not subject to physics.

My thought when the drive system is off-center is that the same field used to create a sense of gravity for the occupants and cargo can re-focus mass and transfer of energy to prevent the spin. That's my contribution to fantasy space-flight.

When will we see the next ship?

I actually did some reading following the posts here and basically the drive for a space craft has to be positioned according to the centre of mass. This doesn't mean you can't have weird shaped asymmetrical designs, it just means you have to keep in mind where the overall centre of mass is and place drives accordingly. Although I like the "high sci-fi" approach (is that even a term?), I also like some plausibility.

I've been working on so many other things lately, mostly character art, but I might do another deckplan sketch tomorrow or something. It'll be something random and unplanned but I promise the drive(s) will be appropriately positioned!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Maybe the drives themselves are super dense, or else the water storage tank is on that side of the ship. Would the offcentre drives work then? I really like this map, I hope you send up some more!

cheers,
    Meshon

Only the right-hand engine fires during normal operation. The left-hand engine only fires when the ship wants to turn. Due to the maneuvering limitations imposed by this situation, the ship is known as a Zoolander.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Different. Are you going to detail it further?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12