Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Vessel Deckplans

Default Random Vessel Deckplans

I've been practicing various sketch-like plans of all kinds of things and I decided to try a few sci-fi ones too.

I envisaged this as some kind of tug, transport or some such. It'd pull something modular behind it. I didn't plan it at all and it was mostly for practice. The design assumes some kind of gravity system to generate an earth-like environment.

I think I'll contain any future ones I do to this thread too. They are done on a grid but I have turned off the grid for this first one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longrangetug.jpg 
Views:	1558 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	49147  

I live up in the mountains, down in a cave, way out west.
    Blog Entries

Well done. I like non-symmetrical ships a la Millienium Falcon

That is a really nice sketch. I like the layout of this ship. Waiting for more.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That really looks great. I also like the "non standard" shaped ships. A few "decorations" and this would be great for a game
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Lookscomic-y, I like it. Is that made with a vector program?

This is cool, can you make an image of the outer shell?

No vector program, just quickly hand-drawn in SAI. Drawing waystations and inns can get tedious so I like to do a little modern or sci-fi to break things up.

I might make an outer image of it in the future but it depends on if I get around to doing so. I am a bit busy with NaNoWriMo this month.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Kiroshi's Avatar

Very good work, I like the ship!
    Kiroshi
    Pax Gaming

Nonsymmetrical ship designs like the Falcon are cool, but this one would fly in circles only.

Quote Originally Posted by Freehand 5.5 View Post
    Nonsymmetrical ship designs like the Falcon are cool, but this one would fly in circles only.
    Why is that? There is no drag in space since it's vacuum. It might not move real quick in atmosphere but that would be a small part of it's life and only if it doesn't just dock at space stations or whatever. At least that's my impression.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast