Thread: Hello

Guild Novice

Default Hello

Hi Everyone,

I found this site through a gentleman on Deviant Art. I was looking for inspiration for some D&D mapping techniques. He was very helpful. I've always had a fascination with drawing maps. originally I was trying to create digital maps using an older version of Photoshop (back in the early 90's) I've recently gotten back into D&D (or rather OD&D) and have a new fascination with hand drawn maps. I'm also curious as to how others are using maps in their D&D/other campaigns/adventures.

I'm always open to critiques, good & bad. You can't learn a dang thing if you don't listen. I'm presently working on my first small village and dungeon. I'll post them in the next week. I welcome any and all critiques.

Thanks
    Marc

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

I'm a gentleman? No-one's ever called me that before *tears*

But yeah, welcome to the Guild! Glad you found your way over here, and I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Have fun!

PS: What's OD&D? Overdose & Dragons? Original D&D?

Guild Novice

[QUOTE=Blaidd Drwg;198224]

Yes Definitely Overdose...LOL...Thanks again for the suggestions. Loving this site so far.

Welcome to the Guild Antman9! I came here for the same reasons as you initially, but came to love mapping so much that I decided to stay. I know there are several others that here that are also working on maps for their campaigns. Look forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh