Thread: May Entry: The Tower

Post May Entry: The Tower

Here is my entry... not sure how much more to do as I'm sitting at 74.7 KB right now.

A tower with 5 floors. It is empty, and good for a wizard's tower, a stronghold, a small castle, or whatever you desire.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attachment 3645

Not sure how multilevels are handled in VTT's, but I figured they all need to be on the same image. (Should the floors be labeled?)

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

They can definitely be all on the same map, or they can be on separate maps. If you label the levels, keep the lables outside the walls where the players won't see them.

The only reaon I'd see for keeping these on separate maps would be if the players were going to fight something outside the tower and you wanted them lookig out the windows. It would be a little strange for the players to see the next floor down!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Not sure how multilevels are handled in VTT's, but I figured they all need to be on the same image. (Should the floors be labeled?)
    Nice map Rob - ill add you to the thumbs page in a mo.

In my VTT you have jump spots which you can put down anywhere and when you click on them it jumps you to another map and stores from where you jumped from so you can pop back again. So I would have them on separate maps and link them all together but in the case of a tower it would be very unlikely that you wouldn't go in at the entrance and progress through the levels in order.

Couldnt do me a favor and put a wip tag on cisticolas entry could you...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 05-16-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Great idea with the towers!
    The only suggestion I would make is to change the floor pattern on each floor, unless of course you did that to fool compression and if that was the case, BRILLIANT!
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-17-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorpond View Post
    Great idea with the towers!
    The only suggestion I would make is to change the floor pattern on each floor, unless of course you did that to fool compress and if that was the case, BRILLIANT!
    heh - I actually did it because I was lazy

-Rob A>

I realized that blank areas compress out fine, so I made the image larger to work better in a VTT (I hope). The floors not active can be blanked out by FoW or something...

Added terrain on the ground floor, and some noise to break up the tile patterns.

I intentionally left this unfurnished so it can be used for any purpose. Sitting at 74.9k

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tower2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	3728

Guild Journeyer

Reminds me of a stack of shiny silver dollars.