Thread: Hello world

Post Hello world

Hello everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself here in this handy dandy member introductions forum.

I'm a D&D player mostly, although work has taken me places where there don't seem to be any D&D (or any RPG for that matter) players, so I've been trying to scratch the fantasy itch other ways. (Incidentally, if any of you are, or know of, RPG enthusiasts in Muscat, Oman, shoot me a line. We've gotta meet up.)

I came across this site a few months back via pyrandon's post over on ENWorld showcasing is brilliant Mosaic Tile map. I drooled quite a bit, but, since I don't own (nor can really afford) Photoshop, I didn't pursue making any maps myself.

Then I stumbled across RobA's stunning tutorial showcasing GIMP. I'd never heard of GIMP before, and was thrilled to find out that there is a decent open source alternative to Photoshop.

Anyway, thanks to pyrandon for getting me over here, to RobA for his tutorial, and to all of you for having such an awesome community to share our maps.

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of GIMP users here. Drink deeply of their well of knowledge!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

Greetings and Welcome to the Guild!!

G'day Dan!

Glad you found the tutorial useful and hung around to play

Just pointing out, I did make a few pointers in that mosaic tutorial on doing the same with GIMP, so get out there and make your own mosaic map!

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    G'day Dan!

Glad you found the tutorial useful and hung around to play

Just pointing out, I did make a few pointers in that mosaic tutorial on doing the same with GIMP, so get out there and make your own mosaic map!

-Rob A>
    I actually just noticed that when I was looking through the forums again last night. I think that just may have to be my next project...