Thread: Maps of the Shattered Lands

Map Maps of the Shattered Lands

So these two maps are of a region and then a nation (read: kingdom) within that region. They were made in photoshop with the help of the Zombie Nirvana Fantasy Cartography tutorials and some old fashioned photoshop know-how. Any tips would be much appreciated; I know the color palate on the map of Lavaas is bland and the brush textures are way to large.

Question: Is there a way to auto-resize these things for the forum, or do I have to host them on a server that'll do that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	northofthenorth.gif 
Views:	77 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	4106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdom-of-lavaas.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	4107  
    Last edited by Idabrius; 06-03-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar

When you post a new topic, scroll towards the bottom where you will see a series of commands there is a button "manage attachments" click it and use the interface to upload your maps as attached thumbnails .... users can then click on them to bring them up in a different window full size..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	4104  
    Last edited by delgondahntelius; 06-03-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Ah, excellent! Thank you.

Greetings Idabrius

As you have approved of the TM's Toolkit over at EnWorld, I'd like to approve of you here! The style of the maps is nice and I like the colouring. I would suggest colouring the world-map a little more (esp. the green parts you showed in the zoomed map) and change the font you use for small names (I persoanlly have small problems reading them at first glance).

Map on!

Very nice. I like the colors and the font. RobA might want to take a close look at this map.