Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trinity - An Abandoned Comission

That looks absolutely amazing. It has a sort of... twisted look to it; like it's a hostile place.

Beautiful, its a real work of art.

I love these kind of maps realy nice

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

It looks sweet, I am trying to make maps, lol. buy epic fail, hahaha. not as good as I have seen on here though.

Thanks again everyone for all of the kind words.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Where can I find the background pattern that you have those inscribed letters and polar projections? I really like it!

You can find them ad Web Textures at this link.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Thanks! That'll be enormously helpful.

Guild Expert

This is stunning Arsheesh, I think it might be my favorite of yours. If you don't mind my asking, how do you do you're coastlines? they look very realistic. Do you draw them by hand, or is there some type of automated process to get them so perfectly jagged?

Thanks kacey! I've actually created a short little walkthrough of my process over at my blog. It starts off much the same way that Ascension's Atlas Style Tutorial does (if you are familiar with it) by using fractal clouds to generate the basic shapes. Partly what I'm doing is using the fractal clouds to generate random shapes as a way of giving me me a base to work from. So initially a lot is left up to the randomness of the cloud formations. However I also am somewhat intentional about where I want to place things like peninsulas, archipelagos, inner seas and the like. After the main shapes are in I spend a good deal of time refining them. I zoom in and with a small hard brush begin to erase or expand islands, add fjords, ad or subtract lakes etc. The entire process can take a couple if I'm really trying to be detailed about it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast