Thread: Making history with Ben Robbins' Microscope...

Default Making history with Ben Robbins' Microscope...

Hi all,
    I'm not on much these days but try to stop in to look at members' contributions whenever I can. I'd delurking now to mention a game I think might be interesting to my fellow cartographers who are also designing settings. The Microscope RPG is billed by creator Ben Robbins as ”a fractal role-playing game of epic histories”. My co-GM and I have been experimenting with it and believe it's potentially an excellent tool for designing histories and the settings they describe...and the stories behind maps, maybe.

I've written about a few of our sessions on our group's gaming blog if anyone's interested:
    Vancouver WA Gamers

You can filter the results to just Microscope by clicking that tag, of course...or you can read about the other stuff we get up to in our group. The blog is relatively new and a work-in-progress: I've yet to fill in some of our historical game info or much about us, but it's start.
    M

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stories? Maps? Maps with stories? Oh my does THAT sound right up my street.... Thanks for sharing and it's good to "see" you again...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.