Thread: I love maps ii

Default I love maps ii

In my last posting I gave a brief history of my passion for maps, particularly fantasy maps. There I presented a multitude of maps I had made over the 30+ yrs Ive been gaming. This time Id like to present maps that I was impressed, inspired and influenced by over the years. Some are from RPGs, some from fantasy literature, some from games, and some from comic books.

For me, maps help ground me to world the author is trying to convey- weather it be an RPG, fantasy literature or whatever. They provide a visual and tangible connection to the setting that mere text description cannot convey. This is why I only purchased and read fantasy literature for many years that contained maps. It was important for me to be able to see the world as the author/artist wished to present it and visually connect one place to another (on the rare occasion I purchased a fantasy book that contained no such map, I always tried to map it out just the same as I read through it).

Hope you enjoy the collection- curious to know what other maps people have liked and really influenced them.

Yawning Portal: I LOVE MAPS II

That's a pretty nice collection. Several of those maps were new to me, and I agree with on the importance of a map for capturing one's imagination.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

W.O.W.

Even the early ones of these are good, some are outright marvelous! Please post some on-board so we can properly rate them- they're worth pointing other people to ... Have a smidgen of rep From me as well.

Ya such an amazing work!!! Thanks!!!

WOW thanks for the feedback