Thread: First TIme: Upunzi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post First TIme: Upunzi

To preface: I write a lot more and a lot better than I draw. No training, no schooling, no experience. I just jumped in and made maps. I want them to be better, natch. So here's a couple that I've released as support for the game REIGN.

Up top there is a recent map for one of the cities in the desert illustrated on the bottom map. I realize that it looks remarkably finicky and geometrical. That's intentional. Its rulers really put the 'freak' in 'control freak.'

-G.

P.S. In the preview, those maps look HUUUUGE. Should I be following some other protocol to make them more manageable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Upunzi_map.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	647.6 KB 
ID:	3669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruhini_map.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	3670  
    Last edited by ravells; 05-17-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

when you create a topic, scroll towards the botttom and click 'manage attachments' ... that way you can load the maps as attachments instead of inline pictures...

Like the maps, Greg. As they were a bit huge, I've edited your post and uploaded them to the forum so that the size is a bit more manageable. Delgon has explained how it's done, but if you have any questions about attachments, please feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by GregStolze View Post
    Its rulers really put the 'freak' in 'control freak.'
    Sounds like a fun city to adventure in.

I like the style of your city map. In particular, the color-coded districts is a nice touch, nicely highlighting the control freak nature of the city's rulers.

Small nit-pick: you have the section just to the east of the north gate labelled "Embassies and Consultant." I think you may mean "Embassies and Consulates." (If you actually meant Consultant, my apologies.) It's not a huge deal - I only noticed it because I'm actually a consul working at a Consulate.

Incidentally, which city is the map for? Upunzi? Kiqwani? One of the cities on the river?

Erm, nevermind. I need to learn to read the topic subject line.
    Last edited by DanChops; 05-26-2008 at 02:43 AM.