Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oakfall

I agree with everyone else... The color definitely fits the style of the map. Beautiful job!

Quote Originally Posted by Obliro View Post
    Attachment 49301

The map depicts a fantasy country called Oakfall, a religious-throwback monarchy with a shifty priest race, twin heirs to the throne and vassals with crumbly-loyalty. The setting is mostly low/dark fantasy, the priest race being the only non-human humanoid or sentient race (and they look almost exactly human). Surrounded by countries of more 'contemporary', uniform religion, Oakfall returned to a feral, chthonic form of faith guided by the Priests of Nogur. Under the blessing of their demon-god, the kingdom is abundant in wealth and peace, atleast until the second heir is too qualified --too loved-- to be ignored, and wants more than he probably should.

This is the second map project I attempted, the first one had scaling issues and was abandoned. This one also took awhile to finish, mostly because it got forgotten out of negligence and/or frustration. Cartography is harder and requires more work than I initially (naively) expected, but still very interesting and I learned a lot from everyone here.

Here’s hoping the next map will be better and finished faster!

» WIP thread for Oakfall.
    Phenomenal work Obliro! I particularly like the detail and design on the mountains as well as the fonts and layout of the names. Great job!

I may be a couple years late to the party, but this map is beautiful, and the colour is very evocative. Keep up the good work, Obliro!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123