Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Arhan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Oakfall

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oakfall_by_Obliro-large.jpg 
Views:	2255 
Size:	702.9 KB 
ID:	49301

The map depicts a fantasy country called Oakfall, a religious-throwback monarchy with a shifty priest race, twin heirs to the throne and vassals with crumbly-loyalty. The setting is mostly low/dark fantasy, the priest race being the only non-human humanoid or sentient race (and they look almost exactly human). Surrounded by countries of more 'contemporary', uniform religion, Oakfall returned to a feral, chthonic form of faith guided by the Priests of Nogur. Under the blessing of their demon-god, the kingdom is abundant in wealth and peace, atleast until the second heir is too qualified --too loved-- to be ignored, and wants more than he probably should.

This is the second map project I attempted, the first one had scaling issues and was abandoned. This one also took awhile to finish, mostly because it got forgotten out of negligence and/or frustration. Cartography is harder and requires more work than I initially (naively) expected, but still very interesting and I learned a lot from everyone here.

Here’s hoping the next map will be better and finished faster!

» WIP thread for Oakfall.
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Finished Maps: OakfallHand-drawn Battlemaps