Thread: Alaghon and environs

Default Alaghon and environs

So after I have introduced myself as a history/sci-fi person I start my career in the guild with a... fantasy map xD

The map of the immediate surroundings of the city of Alaghon. I did it for my girlfriend, who was running a D&D campaign and needed it. Alaghon is some big, seaside city in some city-state kingdom near some sea in some place in Forgotten Realms (as far as I remember, I'm not too good in this setting ^^).

The map is drawn by hand, then scanned and played with. Trees look like an attack of the clones, because I have drawn (pen and paper again) one or two and used them as brush. If you zoom in to smaller towns (placed in one-day-on-horseback distance from the capital) you can see some pixelated, murdered miniatures. They're pretty on paper, but back then I had a rather vague idea about what dpi is about Names put on in GIMP, as well as parchment background, after one of tutorials found here on the Guild (don't remember whose one it was ). Roads, rivers, forests and villages are visible, all you need for an RPG session
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapakolorfinal.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	72828