Thread: A Veteran Noob ;)

Guild Novice

Default A Veteran Noob ;)

Well...

Given that I made my first post over in the map gallery, I suppose I should really introduce myself.

I'm an old gamer who at one time wrote for Iron Crown Enterprises (20 years ago). I recently returned to my home town where I have gotten back together with my gaming buddies from back in the day. We picked up a game of 4th Edition D&D on a lark, and now the old group is back at it. I decided that I wanted to do a bit more than what the existing maps were providing for me, so I bit the bullet and picked up campaign cartographer... and in the process discovered that there was a symbol set in the 2008 annual from Pete Fenlon. Back when I wrote for ICE, I had the privilege of Pete putting things on the middle earth super-map that I had named. I even got a chance to see his handiwork in person... It seemed a logical fit to try to do the Nentir Vale in Pete Fenlon's style. You can find the essentially finished map here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...crack-cc3.html

Anyway, I'm just getting started... but this was a fun first attempt, and I'd love any feedback anyone might have.

Cheers,

Hi, I'm a current writer for the new I.C.E. (which has kept me too busy to map recently by eating away my spare time), working on the new edition of Rolemaster (currently in open beta test if you weren't aware).

What did you write?

Guild Novice

For Middle-earth, I wrote Ghosts of the Southern Anduin, Rogues of the Borderlands, Hazards of the Harad Wood, and was a primary co-author of Gorgoroth. I wrote Disaster on Adanis III for Space Master and Islands of the Oracle for Shadow World. The latter was just recently re-released on rpgnow. I've been aware that Rolemaster is in a new playtest mode. I've not had the chance to look at it yet, but I plan to very soon.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! That's a pretty nice first map.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild Agatheron! Nice map that is.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice

Thanks for the welcome. I think a better gauge of my map making might be in the next few maps that I do. The Nentir Vale one I was working with an existing world map that I wanted to do in Pete Fenlon's style. Up next in this style will be moving beyond the Nentir Vale into areas which are less well defined than the original map I was working with. I'm also going to be doing some semi-regional maps using the city designer. The group I am playing D&D with are going to be going into an adventure where they will be involved in a small scale battle. Knowing this group, they are going to want a larger semi-regional tactical map than what is provided. I figure that this will be my next project, and a way to learn city designer.