Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ghmaps open

Bravo! Bravo! Your maps and now site has made this Greyhawk fan very happy. Consider the site bookmarked.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Anna,

That megamap is very nice! You might want to consider the new DeepZoom system that's part of the Silverlight 2 beta from MS. It's a tool that makes it pretty easy create a "level of detail" type of system that seamlessly shifts the viewer to higher and higher resolution maps as they zoom in. I use it on for my personal map (which is 12000 x 15000 pixels...but is copyrighted by someone else so I can't publish on the web.) The effect is very like Google Earth, but I found it easier to setup.

Try it out using this software or on the Hard Rock Memorabilia site.

But anyway, that's a very nice map. I look forward to seeing more!

Great Idea!

I have looked at other tools to do something like it. But I haven't had the time to implement any of them on my site yet.

But sooner or later I will give ghmaps.net a makeover and make sure I present my work better.

New things are on their way to my site and presented here on the guild forum this week. I have been hard at work mapping and finnaly it's beginning to be ready to present
    //Anna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12