Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The City of Dadal Borovo

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected dasneviano's Avatar

Good idea, Jtougas!
    OK, anything else before I call it a day and consider this finished?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dabo5.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	49465

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It looks really good. Some of the shadows on the cliffs seem off to me. It seems as though they should follow the shapes of the cliffs themselves. All in all a great map
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Probably done with this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dabo6.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	49514

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks Great !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I really like it.

Is it an aqueduct depicted on your map? Is the source of water within the rocks the castle stands on? I'm asking out of curiosity. The fact that the water from the "aqueduct" falls into the big body of water is also interesting...

It's an aqueduct indeed! It runs from the mountains in the southwest all the way to the Aosk Palace in Dadal Borovo, some 300Km away. It feeds some other places along the way and spawns a network of minor aqueducts, but its main purpose is to provide the Aosk (the Dalaquian emperor) with water from the mountains around Lun, the birthplace of this civilization. It was built some decades after they captured Dadal Borovo (already a major city) and transfered their capital there. Truth is, the great acqueduct is more a display of might than it is a necessary thing. The palace could easily be supplied with water from the rock it stands on.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Coming to this a bit late but one comment on the perspective view.

The pathway up the cliff side seems to be a bit too steep. I think it either needs more switch backs or some hatching perhaps to indicate that it is actually stairs rather than a flat roadway.

Both maps are very well done they do show the feel of the city. I can imagine running several stories there.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Thanks for the explanation. It was also nice to hear a bit of the story of your world with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12