Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midgard and Call of Cthulhu Maps and Illustrations for Kobold Press

Default Monsters Island

Likewise, the Midgard Western Ocean archipelago with the Savage Isles and the Accursed Isle of Meshong-Lir was the first island map I've devoted real time to since Zombie Sky Press had me do their continent-sized "Monsters Island" for their monster manual a couple years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombie Sky Press Monsters Island, Smaller.jpg 
Views:	1820 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	49374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zombie Sky Press Final Antique Map, Smaller.jpg 
Views:	971 
Size:	4.65 MB 
ID:	49375  
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Great maps as always Ashenvale. I had not been to Ashenvaleart.com in quite awhile. Two questions, first, was Ashenvale Cathedral ever published in any type of module or setting? Its a cool location that really deserves to see the light of day. Second, were you the artist/author that sent that massive package containing oil paintings and other drawings unsolicited to Dungeon magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Great maps as always Ashenvale. I had not been to Ashenvaleart.com in quite awhile. Two questions, first, was Ashenvale Cathedral ever published in any type of module or setting? Its a cool location that really deserves to see the light of day. Second, were you the artist/author that sent that massive package containing oil paintings and other drawings unsolicited to Dungeon magazine?
    Ha! Thanks thebax2k. Ugh, no, and yes!

I haven't updated Ashenvaleart.com in several years. Mea culpa!

No, the cathedral never saw the light of day. And yes, I'm the fool who sent the massive package to Dungeon Magazine a gazillion years ago. I just checked. Paizo still posts that ridiculous escapade on its website's archives: paizo.com - Dungeon / News. Anyone reading this who wants a laugh should check it out.

I was such a moron!

Dungeon greenlit the adventure that massive box contained, but it died in the infamous Black Hole when Wizards pulled Paizo's contract to produce the hard-copy magazine. It all ended well for me. Had Dungeon Magazine not died, I never would have met Tim Connors or joined the Werecabbages, and that would have denied me most of the contacts and support that have me still writing, illustrating, and mapping adventures today!
    -George Bernard Shaw

These are a great set of maps, love the first one, the large ship.
    Great story on shipping the package to Paizo, I could see me doing the same thing. I have emailed them maps a couple times and have received no response of any kind. I thought it was rude not to respond, now I know it was the Stupid Rules Lawyers! LOL

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a pretty bad river violation in the northwest, a river that connects two rivers which flow into different oceans. Great style though, love those mountains!

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    There is a pretty bad river violation in the northwest, a river that connects two rivers which flow into different oceans. Great style though, love those mountains!
    Yeah, isn't that hilarious? We're in a service industry. If your publisher wants magical rivers, you eventually just go with it!

But I like the newer stuff on the earlier posts more than this old one.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Lovely work on these maps Ashenvale, and those illustrations on page two were fantastic!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

That is an amazing collection of maps Ashenvale! Beautiful pieces. I cannot wait to see more from you.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Very nice maps

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Very nice maps Ashenvale!! Very very nice.

And don´t bother about that package. There is a phrase in spanish that said: "quien no arriesga no gana" (roughly translated: "Who does not risk does not win").

Also, all of us have had something similar in his/her past. About twenty years ago I sent a FULL supplement (128+ pages) to Palladium books (fully formatted and illustrated) describing a dystopian Antartica. I never hear from them.

Antonio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast