Thread: Sato's Alley

Map Sato's Alley

The guy working on my MapTool version of The Gift, noted that I was missing two maps, so I created them today. A river ford where a Hebi-onna snake woman is disguised as an old woman crossing the ford. The other map is an alley in Gaijinoshima, where Sato, a midling Yakuza member picks a fight with the PCs, he becomes a reoccurring problem NPC throughout the first adventure. I decided to post the second of the two maps.

Including the temple like structure, the roof only buildings do not welcome gaijin as patrons (the PCs), however, the Sake Tavern is open for business and its interior can therefore be viewed. Either in the sake tavern or in one of the two alley's Sato awaits to challenge the party.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sato-alley.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	17173  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post And the Hebi-Ford map

Here's a wilderness map at 17" x 22" (1" = 5' scale) within Daitengu Pass on Yonshu Island, for my The Gift first adventure module. I'm amazed I didn't create this enounter map before, as the Hebi-onna is kind of the highlight encounter for the first adventure. Certainly the toughest encounter for the party while on its own. An old woman is trying to pull a stubborn mule across the ford from the right side of the map. The party is passing by, not needing to cross the ford themselves, but sees this old woman nearly falling in.

The mule is being stubborn, because it knows the old woman is not an old woman rather a snake-armed demon spirit who is trying to trick the PCs into rescuing her and then make a melee attack while their handling the mule. If she is overwhelmed, she can dimension door safely away to a hidden cave beyond the map area.

Anyway, the Hebi-onna River Ford map!

GP

All Rights Reserved, but you may use it for your personal games, however cannot post online, elsewhere. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hebi-ford.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	669.8 KB 
ID:	17185  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good stuff here GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like Sato's alley best. The other map is certainly on par with the other work you have done though.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post Ideas from Sato's Alley

Sato's Alley, the way I depicted it gives me ideas for future close-in urban districts. I think I'd like to create an area containing several blocks of streets and alleys, where say a third of the buildings have exposed interiors as they are locations PCs may visit, where as roof only structures would either closed or otherwise off-limits to the PCs. PCs wouldn't have to visit every exposed interior location, but the option would be available for multiple shops and multiple encounters.

Edit: Or, create an entire downtown area map with no roofs, rather interiors created for every building, as well as walled off courtyard gardens and private residences - perhaps the downtown for the main harbor district of Tsue-jo...?

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-28-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Nice maps, both of them. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Vibrant hebi-ford!