Thread: Orenn - Hand Drawn fantasy map

Default Orenn - Hand Drawn fantasy map

So, uh, I had a commission going for this a while back, but my map-maker kind of left me to my own. I finally decided to try my hand at throwing down a map, but all the computer stuff was too much for my mind to take in at once, and I needed a map before November started.
    So, I started work; three days later I have this. I'm happy with it, for it being my own work. (Of course, if I had time--or a real map-maker--it'd have been way better.)
    So here it is! hand drawn except for the labels, because my handwriting stinks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hti63n.png 
Views:	19744 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	49432

Yeah, it's not all spectacular like some of the crazy awesome maps on here, but it'll work for now.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is fantastic !! It really is. Have some rep and be proud of yourself that is a great map
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I have to second jtougas, that is a great map! There is something about it that I cannot put a finger on... It certainly has character and I really like the contrast between grey of the pencil and black of the labels. I think what makes it unique is the dynamic way with which it was drawn. Every line makes it alive in my eyes. You should really consider making all of your maps on your own from now on. You have the skills to do it.

That's a really good map. I love hand drawn maps and that is really cool. Not that I'm an expert but the font you used for the labels doesn't quite fit IMO. Maybe something a bit more 'old world' in style?
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Thanks guys!

And, the writing was fit to the world as best as possible. It's a pretty interesting world all around. But, yeah. The writing fits the actual world the map shows.
    "And I'm looking for a blonde in a union jack. A specific one, mind, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving."
    -The Doctor

Would you care to share some of the backstory? I always like to know more about the setting the map is part of. Makes it more alive.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected sirsig's Avatar

Thats a pretty sweet map for hand drawn, love it

Heck you even have shading lol