Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Donnerholm Project

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I like the functional map idea too. I would suggest doing the maps as you have done here, then do some stressing of the lines once all said and done. That would create that chalky feel and age the map, but those kinds of things are usually done near the end of the work. I also like Eochiad's idea about having it be an older map that had a few notes and stuff. I always thought that Dwarves took care of things and would hand things like this down from generation to generation. Nothing wrong for players to receive some misinformation Just make sure to keep a GOOD copy for yourself

Keep it up. I think you are doing great here
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks for your feedback guys! I've already been experimanting with some GIMPressionism to have that chalky style going, but nothing good yet. And as you were saying, it's better to worry about it once the maps are in place. Speaking of wich, I'm now and then hand-drawing sketches of the eight level for the main complex. Only one of them made it into the digital world yet, I barely can get the time to work on the maps these weeks.

The misinformation is in the nature of these maps: they are supposed to be drawn from memory by the dwarven group member. And he's not been at this place for a few decades. Instead, orcs and goblins and the like fester the once mighty stronghold, which means I totally intend to have a second set of maps with red labels like "big bad guys here".

Hopefully this weekend I can spend an hour or two with my GIMP. When the first four levels are complete I will post them right away. Until then, cheerio!

So, here they are level 1 (top) to four (ground). Some things I noticed already, like that I should decide where to put the level-"numbers" in relations to the staircase symbol. Legend isn't available for now, since I don't plan to put it next to one of those maps rather than in the complete compilation. At least for now. Just look at the older post, there is a rough legend to get the idea of what is what. The square in the middle marks a chimney through which steam rises up to the top. It feeds the wells as well as the waterfall, thanks to lava-boiled water.

Level 1 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH_Int_Lvl_1_ENG.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	50376 Level 2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH_Int_Lvl_2_ENG.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	336.9 KB 
ID:	50377

Level 3 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH_Int_Lvl_3_ENG.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	514.5 KB 
ID:	50378 Level 4 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH_Int_Lvl_4_ENG.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	50379

I hope you like how it turned out. Any comment and suggestion is welcome. And hurry, the next 4 levels are in the tube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12