Thread: [Event] Western European Mapmakers Convention

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Info [Event] Western European Mapmakers Convention

Hi everybody,

I just got the Idea to host a Mapmakers convention in my hometown of Leipzig for 2013.
    If enough people want to join I would gladly organise it. As far as I can see, I would handle cheap accomodations and would workout a program of events over a weekend (Friday till Sunday)
    Since a Year now I am a Member of the CartographersGuild and just wanted to offer a possibility to meet and spend time learning from each other and talking about maps.

To be realistic I dont expect this to be extremely overrun, so I at least offer a weekend on my couch, doing a privat workshop in painting handdrawn style maps and Photoshop compositioning, if only one or two people want to join, thats fine with me.
    So if you are interested please comment here.

Cheers,
    Schwarzkreuz

Count me in. I think it is a great idea and a nice opportunity to meet in reality people with similar interests. I would love to put faces to people whose work I came to admire. For me Cartographers Guild is the only place where I can share my love for maps and I would enjoy sharing it in real life as well. I think it is a very bold and awesome idea Schwarzkreuz and I hope that people will see it and help it come true.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a great idea. I wish I lived closer.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Well, if somebody likes to do so, there could be a meeting organised in USA too. There is a very interesting place named 'Geographical Center of the USA' Which was feautured in the Novel American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It was the Place where the Old Gods meets the New Gods to nagotiate, a zone of total emptiness and nullifications of all powers. Well at least the poor people at the nearby Motel would be happy for visitors.

If enough people are coming to Leipzig, I will offer a guided Tour through the splendid historical city, and than arrange rooms for Workshops and seminars.

Has there been any Forummeeting before?