Decided to spend a few minutes before bed the last couple of evenings drawing instead of reading, and actually came up with a dungeon map that could be useful for RPG dungeon crawling.

Drawn in 0.5 black rollerball pen on plain white office paper, photographed, then fiddled various ways in GIMP to correct some of the distortion from the photo, clean up the line art and add the parchment effect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon30Oct2012.png 
Views:	1699 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	49532

I figure on it being the lost chapel & tombs off to one side of a larger complex; the wide tunnel on the right that's caved in at both ends was once the grand underground processional leading to grander places. These days it's isolated, except for the cracked-open tunnel at the top (if I were to redo this map, I'd make that cave narrower...) that leads into a side chamber beside the main chapel. The tombs are the warren of chambers and passages at the lower third of the map, although some of the larger chambers off the passageway into the chapel might be guardrooms.

There's also a network of secret passages, mostly off to the left of the chapel, probably originally for the convenience of whatever priests ran this place.

Now? Perhaps the whole thing is taken over by goblins or something. Or maybe the dead are restless, and stalk the narrow passages...

Parchment effect done with RobA's excellent GIMP tutorial elsewhere on CG; photo of the drawing cleaned up in GIMP thanks to a tutorial posted over on Google Plus earlier today.

I can post a plain white background version if anyone's interested; it would be easier to edit than the parchment version.