Thread: In desperate need of a Fantasy Map for Novel!!!

Help In desperate need of a Fantasy Map for Novel!!!

I desperately need someone willing to make a black and white map of my continent (Durandr) for my Fantasy Novel Series The Canticulum Saga! Please, if you are interested, feel free to message me or email me at Gorilla0132@aol.com.
    To see a rough draft of the map (as a basis of reference): Map of Durandr by ~Gorilla032 on deviantART
    If your interested in reading the story so far: A Song of Solace Chapter 1: Prologue, a fantasy fiction | FictionPress

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think your "rough draft" looks pretty good to me.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks! Could you map a better one for me though?

Blog Entries

It depends on what you are looking for. I tend to "specialize" in "photo-realistic" maps (maps made with textures). I have made a few "hand drawn" looking maps but I'm no artist. If you could give me a sense of what you are looking for I might have a better idea of what I could do for you.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Well the only requirements it needs is it has to be rather large, color if you prefer, and have the locations on it. Does that help at all?

Blog Entries

Are you planning on printing this as part of your book? I ask because the map you have is already better than some maps I have seen in published works. It sounds like you are looking for something very "artistic" and I may not be the right person for that type of map.

Finished Maps

Well id need A map for the novel but not necessarily this certain one im planning on starting a website for my novel and putting a section for diffrent types of maps. If your familiar with the mapping software campaign cartographer i can send you my account for it so u can use it to make the map

The Da link isn't working for me.

Blog Entries

If you are still interested in this project perhaps you could post your rough draft map here. I could try and come up with something for you. I'd use GIMP however as I have it and I'm familiar with it.

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Could a CL mark this as TAKEN please. Thanks

Finished Maps