Thread: Sewer Lovin!

Guild Apprentice

Map Sewer Lovin!

This was one of the catacomb maps I did a while back. The sewers of the city of Gana, Zakara- the Land of Fate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gana's-Catacombs.jpg 
Views:	1755 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	49559

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Excellent map..

It is a very nice map. I am a big fan of sewer systems. I assume this map is intentionally designed in a labyrinthine manner for plot purposes.

Just as an aside, more realistic sewer systems are generally (there are always exceptions) built very similar to how rivers work. They have a tree-like structure and the size of the pipes is bigger depending on the volume of fluid they carry because, like rivers, they are gravity driven. And they usually empty out into a swamp, river or the coast.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks guys!

Larb, thanks for the insight, I hadn't thought of it like that! This map was definitely designed with plot in mind over any real functional purpose. Cheers!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool. I am also a big fan of "sewer crawls" Have some rep
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.