Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP: The Golden Elk; Warship.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Ok; here is the version I ended up printing...

The Forecastle:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golden Elk Forecastle.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	49617

The Deck:

Name:	Golden Elk.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	49618

The Hull with the rowing benches:

Name:	Golden Elk Hull.png 
Views:	430 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	49619

Anyway, let me know if anything needs fixing, if not, I'll transit it to the 'Finished' section as I would like to start building myself a small galleries with my finished maps...

I was a bit pressed on time, because I wanted the maps ready for today's game (although, my players ended up taking a side quest and the map did stay in their folder) but, it's pretty good.
    I guess I could have added more details to the ship, especially JTougas' winches that I just spotted over on this thread... And I might still do it, later...
    Last edited by Simon33600; 11-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    That is very true. I was thinking about it and shouldn't a ship named "The Golden Elk" have an elk for a figurehead? Either way it's really a great map
    Fair enough...
    I choose the name "Golden Elk" as a homage on the real "Golden Hind" before starting to work on the map.
    I was about halfway through the map when I stumbled on various figure heads on the Dundjinni forums, all too good to pass on... (you'll notice the first picture i posted did not have a figure head, it is because I had not found it yet...).

I do not think I gave my players the name of the ship yet. All that they know is that they were hired to stop a pirate from preying on the water around Waterdeep and that a trader in Luskan (a city known for haroburing pirates) have recently sold quite a few Waterdhavian goods...
    I can still change the name of the ship into something mentioning Dragon. On the other hands... I may keep it (the ship my players are sailling with is called the "pantless dragonfly" on none of them even asked why...).

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon33600 View Post
    Fair enough...
    I choose the name "Golden Elk" as a homage on the real "Golden Hind" before starting to work on the map.
    I was about halfway through the map when I stumbled on various figure heads on the Dundjinni forums, all too good to pass on... (you'll notice the first picture i posted did not have a figure head, it is because I had not found it yet...).

I do not think I gave my players the name of the ship yet. All that they know is that they were hired to stop a pirate from preying on the water around Waterdeep and that a trader in Luskan (a city known for haroburing pirates) have recently sold quite a few Waterdhavian goods...
    I can still change the name of the ship into something mentioning Dragon. On the other hands... I may keep it (the ship my players are sailling with is called the "pantless dragonfly" on none of them even asked why...).
    Either way it's a great map and a great platform for adventure. And you HAVE to do a map of the "Pantless Dragonfly" that is the BEST name for a ship I have EVER heard....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks again...

Well, the pantless is based on a map I published a while ago (one of my earliest efforts).

But I did rework it a bit since... Here it is (maybe I should start its own thread):

Name:	Pantless Dragonfly.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	49627

I must have screwed up the dimensions in some ways, as I am having all sort of trouble printing it to scale. Also, I wanted to fit everything on a double sized paper, but the result is a bit too compressed... I'll need to bit the bullet and look into that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12