Thread: Another hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another hello

Hello everyone,

I blindly stumbled upon this fine website today - turns out it's just the place I've been looking for without even knowing it! There's some fantastic stuff to look at. Recently, some friends and I have set up a boardgames company and published a couple of games that we're quite proud of. Anyway, we are starting to get to the point where we need to knock up maps for games so I'm sure the tutorials will prove useful over the next few months (I have no scanner ).

Like a lot of people here, I'm a boardgamer and a roleplayer, so naturally I've been drawing maps for ages - particularly cities. Whilst I do thoroughly enjoy doing the whole map thing, I'm primarily a writer so I'd love to get involved with collaborating on something if anything is happening. Currently I'm working on a world that I'm trying to make as weird and different as possible: the only plants are exclusively fungi, animals are mostly insects or lizards, people travel on the backs of armoured sky-jellyfish, and the only places humans can survive in large numbers are craters and ravines.

If I may, I'd like to begin my stay here with a barrage of maps! This is Rittan, a large temporate landmass populated by Orcs, Kobolds, Goblins, Gnolls and Minotaurs. I've mostly abandoned this one (It's mostly pretty derivitive, save what I did with the Gnoll culture), but if anyone is interested I can start a thread complete with more info about the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scetchmap.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	49581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Political Map.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	49582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seven Duchies.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	49583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minotaur Clanlands.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	49584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merchant States.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	49585  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gnoll Packbrood ranges.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	49586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kobold Nation.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	49587  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! and wow those are some great maps. Have some rep for a great first post
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thank you, you're most kind. Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Welcome to the Guild Lorgath! Those are some nice hand drawn maps you've got there. I hope you do decide to stick around and contribute more of your work. I know there are several other writers here as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh