Thread: roll20.net maps

Guild Applicant Riveridge Ranger's Avatar

Default roll20.net maps

Hey guys, I just signed up to this because i wanted to see what it was all about. I play some Pathfinder and D&D sessions on roll20.net and have seen this website over many of the maps they offer. Although I have used some of those maps, I am often left without what map i desire. This would be the main reason i joined; to see what I could do to produce or find some more maps. Posts on this thread would be extremely helpful to me. Thanks!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild. If you want to learn how to create your own maps you've come to the right place. If you want to find someone that could make a map for you you've come to the right place. Either way you've come to the right place
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Hey, I joined for the same reason and I'd suggest downloading gimp and following torstan's tutorial here.

The dimensions you need for roll20.net are 1250x1250 pixels, with 50 pixel squares.

Good luck

Welcome to the Guild Riveridge Ranger! Like JT has already said, the Guild can help you accomplish either of these goals. If you want to learn how to create maps, check out the tutorials section. If you would like to commission a map, check out the Map requests section (but be sure to read the sticky on how to request a map).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.C View Post
    Hey, I joined for the same reason and I'd suggest downloading gimp and following torstan's tutorial here.

The dimensions you need for roll20.net are 1250x1250 pixels, with 50 pixel squares.

Good luck
    I'm not sure if this changed, but it seems to me that 70x70 pixels is the tile size currently...

Hey RR et al.,

I too am a roll20.net user. I've tried creating a map and it was an utter mess. Especially with scaling. So; I'll be checking out that tutorial. I'm not artist and I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum. Oh; and I just found your Tapatalk entry too -- so I'm super stoked!

I'm new as well, hoping to learn how to make some maps for Roll20, and the info in this thread alone will keep me busy for a while.