Thread: how do I make this particularly odd idea look good?

Help how do I make this particularly odd idea look good?

This is the first rough of a map for a novel I'm almost ready to publish. When the map is done the book is ready. I'd love tips and advice.

I have a dotted line section that is a "mountain range" that from the east looking west is more like a ridge, and from the west looking east more like a mountain range. Any ideas on how to make that look good?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cairemia and Darlandis.jpg 
Views:	1492 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	49723

Help (and or examples) would be super appreciated. Also any other advice on my map. I want it to be great. But I am a noobie in the extreme.

Thanks!

Geno

I'm a noob but maybe another line on the ridge will work?

Thanks for replying, Tyackt. I'm not sure I get what your suggesting. If you could elaborate on that, I'd really appreciate it.

One thing I don't think I made clear in my request is the whole west section is only so blank looking because I cant figure a good way to make that range the way I described. Any input would be great.

Geno

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mountain range demo.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	49725

I know it's not the same style, but it may give you an idea.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Chashio,

Thank you very much. regarding style... when my final version is done, I'm actually hoping to have mountains more like what you drew any way. What you drew has given me an idea. So, thanks again. I'll post more as I go. Slightly unrelated... where would it be best for me to share a map in progress? once I get past this part I wouldn't seem appropriate in this thread.

Geno

Glad I could help =)
    Under this section of the forum (http://www.cartographersguild.com/fo...y-wip-critique) are various categories for works in progress. This map would probably fit best in Regional/World Mapping. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. =) Welcome to the Guild!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Welcome to the forum...

Excellent! I'll post there. I'm new to online forums in general, not just cartography. So, thank you very much for being so helpful.

Geno

Thanks Amberroberts. I feel welcomed.