Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lighthouse (Tavern)

Map

Okay here is an inn I did around the same time I did The Lighthouse. I wanted something with a little dim lighting, with an illuminated pool of water. On the first floor there is an area below where one could be off alone. I think its where I would sit if I would walk into the place and wanted to be alone with my party. I liked the cracked floor look on the first map I did so much I wanted to try it on this one. In the end, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, it isn't consistant enough for an actual wood floor. This is the other map I had already merged though. The other mistake I could point out would be the lack of water closets and baths. I suppose its just not something you think about when your playing DnD. No one really ever raises a hand and says, Um my character has to use the bathroom. lol I found I had to "hand craft" alot of my own furniture to meet my own scale demands. I suppose I just wanted to be original.

This was originally an elvish owner's establishment. The inn itself was build atop a spring.

Thanks again for the uploading tips. Hope you enjoy the map.

Sylven
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crystal Pool Main Floor.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	722.2 KB 
ID:	3863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crystal Portal Second Floor.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	772.6 KB 
ID:	3864  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Very nice. I like the inventive layout and the water feature!

Just wondering a little about the floor texture. The pattern suggests a roughly paved floor, but the wood texture suggests planks. Not sure which this is.

Honestly I dont know what I was thinking when I did that on the wood. I suppose I just liked it on the lava flow of the other map. In the end, I believe it could have looked better with just the plain wood texture. On a positive note, it looks much better than the wood planks I originally had down.

Ive been working on another map, trying to impliment things I knew I made mistakes on in earlier maps. Everyone has been such an inspiration with their tips and advice. And some of the maps I have found on the site are fantastic, wonderful work.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

love the pool on the second map... you might get a lot more out a program like Photoshop or the free version of PS-- GIMP ...PSPro is nice, but I've found that PS or GIMP can really broaden your creativity with maps ... just a thought

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12