Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quite some time ago... :) WIP

Quote Originally Posted by MadLetter View Post
    Newest Update.

Right now Im working on the mainland northern part, specifically the mountains. Just taking a break after colouring them... details and surrounding hilly terrain comes soon.

NOTE:
    I cannot upload the picture, the forum does not let me. When I upload the JPEG (nearly 3 MB), I get a white-screen in the upload-window. Any suggestions?
    Hi Madletter, I can't think why your image is not uploading. I'll bring it up with the other community helpers and Arcana, I'm sure one of them will be able to find a fix.

Cheers

Ravs

I got it from work, but the interwebs state it's free for personal use. If used commercially, it might be different, though...

Thanks ravells.

Might someone eventually give me his e-mail so he could upload it here for me? >_<

Also I found the website of the designer of the AquillineTwo font:

LINK

Seems if you want to use it commercially, you have to donate to some organization...

I still can't post the pictures, which by now angering me a little -_-

Anyone knows a good location where I can freely upload large pictures? (Jpeg right now is about 3.5 MB)

EDIT: I splitted the map up in different parts. Hope this works. Reference to my first post, the big map, as to what is where.

Also of six map-parts, I can only get two up. Anything else yields me a database error *Grumble*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	East Coast - South of Depor.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	967.0 KB 
ID:	3999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hajien Mainland.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	4000  
    Last edited by MadLetter; 05-28-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Another two.

Name:	Eastern Coast - Depor.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	4001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eastern Part.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	905.7 KB 
ID:	4002  

FINALLY!

Cut the picture into a better size. The Hajien part of the map is missing (the isles to the west), but the mainland in it's current state is present

Enjoy and gimme a few costructive criticisms, please!

Name:	tolon_mainland.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	4296  

Guild Journeyer

Very nice technique. Simple but illustrative enough. I am a little concerned with the desert and broken lands colors. They stand out too much. Maybe less opacity or something...

Other than that great font, nice names...Bravo!

Thanks for the praise and constructive thoughts!

The Desert and Broken Lands are both still not really done. I just painted them on the map so I have the location set. Everything (terrain-wise) above the Dawnforge Mountains is 99% done. Below nearly nothing as of yet

First, I love the color pallete. Very nice colors together. One thing I don't like is the contrasting styles with the hand drawn mountains and the texture fill for the forests (and to a lesser extend the dark lands). To me, it just does not mesh well in my mind.

Joe
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I stop by a website called DaFont.com, that's where I get most of my free fonts from (some 12,000 now although I can not use all of them at the same time because most programs will only load so many). So I rename them with a prefix and sort them according to style...GO- for gothic, GR- for grunge, HW- for handwritten, etc. and when I'm working in a certain style I just copy the needed fonts into the correct fonts subfolder in the windows folder then delete and add new ones when I change projects or styles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast