I've been working on a homebrew world for a table-top game I plan to run with some friends. My attempts at creating maps have left me... unsatisfied, to put it nicely. So, I turn to you all, who have infinitely more skill and experience at this sort of thing than I.

I am actually looking for two maps: one of the game-world itself, and a more detailed map of the main area the game will be set within.

The area the majority of the game will take place is approximately 10,000 square miles - give or take a couple of thousand. I will leave determining an adequate scale for such a map in the hands of those who are more capable than I.

The area in question will be located in an area of high strategic and commercial importance, with a number of other political powers being in very close proximity to the area, and a few natural boarders. The intent I'm looking for is to get something that will have this central area highly contested. I have more details concerning the geography which I feel would be better suited to discuss via PM.

Style

I'm looking for the map to be eye-appealing, first and foremost, while being practical.

I found Tetrajak's continent of Irshy (http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...t-preview8.jpg) to be very close to what I'm looking for style-wise.

Quality & Size:

I would like the quality to simply be... nice. I guess the word I'd be looking for would be the "semi-professional" or a step or two below that.

As for the size and whatnot, I am again a bit on the clueless side of what to ask for. Ideally, I'd like to be able to print the full map on an 8x11 piece of paper, but I know that doing so would likely break up a lot of the details and make it a lower-resolution, which is something I'd rather not sacrifice if it can be helped.

I'm more willing to have to make multiple print-outs than I am to have it at a resolution that's too small to be useful.

Time Constraints:

Ideally, I'd like this to be done by mid-to-late December, if possible.

Copyright:

Negotiable.

Payment:

I realize that some people love to do this for free, and if you're one of those people then please contact me. I also realize that I am requesting a service which takes time to do, so I am not expecting a freebie. Payment can be done through Google-checkout or something similar. Unfortunately, Paypal and I do no get along, and despite many efforts, I have not been able to reconcile the issue, and I am unable to use it. I'm willing to pay approximately 30-50 US dollars for the service. This is, of course, negotiable.

Contact Details:

You may PM me here to get in contact with me if you're interested. More details about the geography and whatnot will be given to the person who is able to do the job.

Thank you all!