Thread: A random cartography enthusiast from the northern, dark and cold Finland

Post A random cartography enthusiast from the northern, dark and cold Finland

Hey everyone!

I'm a 25 years old singer, and a game- and leveldesigner, working on my first commercial title at the moment, and for that I joined this guild as well. I am right now working on an enormous world and its history, just to make the game's world as believable as possible, even though the game itself is based upon about 0,5% of the world. I hope to find a lot of inspiration from here, and I hope to get to ramble about amazing maps with other crazy people like me.

Best regards
    - Sinathor

Welcome to the Guild Sinathor! Sounds like an ambitious and worthwhile project. I wish you every success in it. As far as gleaning tips and tricks regarding the creation of your map, I would suggest spending some time in the Tutorials section. There are tons of great walk-throughs to be found there. You might also wish to check out the Finished Maps section and the Regional/World maps sections to see what other Guild members are working on. Not only will this exercise offer you a good bit of inspiration for your own project, but it will also help you to glean map-making tips. When you do begin your project, I'd recommend starting a WIP page and asking for feedback. This is a great way to garner constructive criticism. Anyway, look forward to seeing your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh