Thread: Quickstart Comments

Post Quickstart Comments

This thread is for suggestions / observations / comments on The Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping Sticky.

The Quickstart guide is a living document and depends on your suggestions so that it continues to improve and assist new members to the Guild who want to get mapping quickly. So if you can think of a thread that has been posted in the Guild which will be helpful to new members please mention it here.

Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great idea Ravs! *BONK*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

May I suggest adding a link to AutoRealm since it is a free CAD based program similar to Campaign Cartographer

THEADNOMANCY: ARISE

Actually I had a serious comment and didn't realise that the link the tut gave was so old.

My question: Is there anything stopping the tut from being copied to the new members introduction board? Is there much point?

In answer to my own question the main thing is to get the tutorial to the unwashed masses as quickly as possible so really only admin (and possibly mods) have any idea how the traffic differs between the introductory board and the tut board. (I never went to the introductory board)

Perhaps It would be possible to create a stickied link between the boards...

thoughts?

It's a thought Greyhind, but I think most people come here for the tutorials and it's stickied in the tutorial section. I'm sure they'd find it soon enough...certainly seems to be getting enough hits. But what the hey, I'll post a cross link it in the Introductions board - can't hurt!

Edit: if you believe that there is a tutorial which should be in the quickstart which isn't present, please post your nominations to this thread. And please don't forget to rate the tutorials. If they've helped you they will help others and people look at the highest rated threads first.

I am new to the site and I found this almost immediately.

That said, I am curious about map editing software, particularly interactive 3D editing software, which this tutorial doesn't describe, however I am fresh off the pike so it could be there and I just haven't seen it.