Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7)

Thank you! These are wonderful brushes and have a really nice feel to them.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Thanks RPMiller & RobA for the great feedback on version compatibility it makes me feel better knowing that there is a wide audience able to use the brushes.

Thanks to all that view, comment on, or download the brushes! I hope you enjoy using them to make maps (or whatever you might be working on)

I will make more soon... just not sure what is next... I would like to make brushes that the guild would like so if you have requests I will do my best to put something together.

Once I get back to my home computer I will post some more compass roses that I made last night.

-Chris
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Hi again all, So this is not a huge world changing pack but instead just some generic compass roses... I have left off the N,S,W,E as each Cartographer will most likely pick a font for the map and need to change it.

When I get around to making more of these I will try to make ones that are gray scale/black with more detail and some that are more art than compass... (i.e. dragon with "nose" north and wing tips west and east, tail south... swords... other item "things"... etc…)

Still taking requests for map items/elements and comments are always welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compass_pack2.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	3982

----------------------
    compass_pack2.zip
    ----------------------

-Chris
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Chris,

I don't use the creative commons license (because it limits the derivitive artwork usability--ie, commercial maps), but I follow your initial intent. Would you mind if I broke your brushes into individual images, tagged each with an identifier to you, and included the material in the CSUAC packs?

Thanks!
    Cecil

You may indeed use the brushes as individual images/brushes or in any other way you need to, in order to make them available in your downloads.

I am an amateur/hobbyist at this and not a glory seeker "Look at me I make little brushes"

I did not realize the CC license would limit the selling of derivative artwork (I need to read over it more thoroughly). Maybe I will just move to "public domain"...

Again do what you need to do to make it work for you and please let me know if you have any requests for this type of stuff.

-Chris

It depends on the cc license you use.

For example the CC-BY license will allow commercial reuse, only requiring that the source be attributed back to you. Alternatively, if you don't even want attribution, just release them to the public domain.

And remember that any license (copyright included) does not limit the creator's rights to waive any and or all of the conditions to specific users. For example, if you had a CC-NC (non commercial use) licensed image, and someone contacts you to use it commercially, you can allow them to do so (for free or for a price)...

The point of a CC license is just to let people know the rules without having to contact you.

-Rob A>

Just to let you know.. if my wife was able to have more children, and we had one, his name would be rpgmapmaker. I love these brushes. Please, keep them coming!

-IG

*EDIT* btw, would someone sticky this thread already! This is too valuable a resource to ever think about getting lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Just to let you know.. if my wife was able to have more children, and we had one, his name would be rpgmapmaker.
    While you are playing the " what if " game I would hope her name would be something more practical ... like "Sue"...

but either way I am honored. Thank you

---

Thanks to all for the kind words and good information on licenses...

My art/brushes in this thread are now in the Public Domain. (I will stop using the cc image and just state the license type in the post/thread.)

---

I will try to make some new brushes this week end... (it has been a long two weeks at work.)

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    While you are playing the " what if " game I would hope her name would be something more practical ... like "Sue"...

but either way I am honored. Thank you

-Chris
    Sue works too, I suppose. At least it'd be easier to find on those little license plates for the tricycles anyway.

If you're interested, check out my map (region 25) in the CWBP to see what I've been using your brushes for.

Very useful stuff you've got going here, and I'm definitely adding to my collection! I especially like the compass roses. Nice work!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast