Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Post RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7)

Well I was playing around with making brushes again tonight and thought I should share what I had done with you all...

Please feel free to use and distribute for free the tree symbol "brushes" in any artwork, in any form, for any reason. (Sell the pictures you make with them... but not the brush pack)

I have saved the brush pack in photoshop 7 so if you find that you can not load them because you use a different version I have included a .psd file with the trees on individual layers so you can make them brushes in your version... also let me know what format is best for you and I will try and make symbols that you can use... (.png or whatever)

Please let me know if you can use these as I have no way of knowing if this is helpful or not without feedback... if I get feedback that you all want more I will keep making symbol brushes but if no one wants them or no one can use them I will stop.

The large versions are brushes set to 100 px and the small ones are 35 px.

Here is a picture (included in the .zip)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree_pack1.jpg 
Views:	1605 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	3789

-------Download---------
    tree_pack1.zip
    -------------------------

-Chris
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Very Cool RPGMM! I wonder if they will work in GIMP. I dont see why not. I particularly like the dead trees.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Awsome job, repped.

I had some time off from work today... long week end for Memorial Day and all... so I made some more brushes.

Thanks for letting me know that this is something you all would like more of... I am still playing around with the style of what I am trying to do so hang in there as I try to make sets that have some sort of themes to them.

To test the "theme pack" idea I started with Desert... some Trees, Cactus, rocks, dirt, grass, a bush or two and yes a tumbleweed.

Name:	desert_tree_pack1.jpg 
Views:	1804 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	3810
    --------------
    desert_tree_pack1.zip
    --------------

I am wondering if these are compatible with PS-CS2/3 (basically any versions higher than PS-7) so if one of you has one of them would you test it for me... thanks!

-Chris

P.S. I think it would be best for me to just use this thread for all my brushes so could I get a thread name change to: RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7) ... or some such appropriate name of the admin's choosing
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

I thought to myself... I could make just about any map symbol into a brush... for easy placement onto a map... even if they are not used allot or on every map...

So, I made some compass roses but I am wondering if they have all the right elements? I think all you need is an arrow and the letter "N" but are there rules that govern the creation of the rose it is late where I am and heavy research is not going to happen right now... I am off to bed

Here they are:

Name:	compass_pack1.jpg 
Views:	880 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	3822

--------------
    compass_pack1.zip
    --------------

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    P.S. I think it would be best for me to just use this thread for all my brushes so could I get a thread name change to: RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7) ... or some such appropriate name of the admin's choosing
    I've changed the name for you.
    Yes, these work just fine in PS CS2.
    This an awesome thread and you have definitely been repped.
    The Western theme one is AWESOME!
    Thank you very much!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Very Cool RPGMM! I wonder if they will work in GIMP. I dont see why not. I particularly like the dead trees.

Torq
    Just wanted to confirm these work great in GIMP (2.4 and up supports .abr brushes)

Thanks-

-Rob A>

Thanks RPMiller & RobA for the great feedback on version compatibility it makes me feel better knowing that there is a wide audience able to use the brushes.

Thanks to all that view, comment on, or download the brushes! I hope you enjoy using them to make maps (or whatever you might be working on)

I will make more soon... just not sure what is next... I would like to make brushes that the guild would like so if you have requests I will do my best to put something together.

Once I get back to my home computer I will post some more compass roses that I made last night.

-Chris

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast