Thread: City of Cruseus WIP

Wip City of Cruseus WIP

This is a city that has existed in many a game over the years, but has only recently been commited to (digital) ink. I hope to break it down into the regions and have details of interesting places / people / story hooks for each of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cruseus.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	49809  

It's coming along well - I'm impressed you've managed to draw in each individual building. But the colour of the water is a bit garish, a more muted colour would be much easier on the eyes.

you did a great job...!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Impressive. The colors are a little strong, but getting in all those buildings is great (and must have taken quite awhile!) I like how you've built the city up along the coasts like that - it's realistic, and lends to the authenticity of the city. Not sure what program you're using, but reducing the opacity of the large numbers of the sections of city would allow us to see the buildings underneath. Or possibly using light colors to "color code" the different sections, instead of hiding lots of buildings under large numbers.
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Thanks all, yeah, the sea is a little fierce on the eyes, have to fix that. Drawing the houses was very time consuming, but strangely therapeutic. I plan to have the close ups of each area without the numbers. I like the colour coding suggestion. Gonna try that in my next venture.