Thread: Are aliens welcome?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Info Are aliens welcome?

Hello, I stumbled upon this forum looking for some additional cardinal navigational terms for alien habitats. I've already posted about that but wanted to introduce my self to the forum. I've been running an RPG for about 15 years. It began as Battle tech, then grew into Robotech, expanded with Rifts, and the Megaverse. A few years ago I was inspired to revisit my old RPG by reading "A Fire Upon the Deep" by Vernor Vinge. In that story technology works better near the rim of the galaxy but fails as it descends towards the core. I thought this would be a neat idea for a RPG setting since I could put magic near the core, have low tech races outside that, moderate tech races outside that, and very high end tech near the rim. The idea grew from there and the various problems I've run into have lead me here. So I look forward to meeting all of you through your posts!
    Last edited by alienman24; 11-17-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Hi alienman, and welcome to the Guild! That's a very fascinating idea that you have. I'm quite interested to see how you portray it visually. =) Though my main subject of mapping lies on the surface of worlds, if I can be of help in some way just give me a shout out!
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! That is a very interesting concept for a RPG . I look forward to seeing your vision for it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.