Thread: What to do if one of the artists here has not delivered?

Guild Novice

Default What to do if one of the artists here has not delivered?

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum, or if I should put this in mapmaking requests. I have hired several artists from here over the years, and had generally extremely good experiences. One artist I recently hired asked for payment up front, which I agreed to, and has not delivered the goods. Unfortunately, the PayPal limitation on disputes is 45 days and that has lapsed, so I can't take financial recourse at this point, and am limited to emailing the artist to see if he is actually going to do the work or not. Emails date back to July this year, with most emails enquiring about the status being answered by either a sob story, or "it will be done in a few days". At this point, I'm pretty much writing it off. Not the best outcome, especially considering the amount was just shy of $1000, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Does CG have any register of artists that have dishonoured their contract? I wouldn't want someone else to be short changed by this guy.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

This doesn't sound very good. Has the artist been active in the forum since you last contact or has he vanished?
    Last edited by Sapiento; 11-13-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What to do if one of the artists here has not delivered?

Given that this hasn't happened before to my knowledge, I'd like to know who it is. Can you pm me the information or email me at arcana@cartographersguild.com.

I'll discuss this tomorrow with the community leaders.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Novice

Thanks Arcana, will do.