Thread: Vue6 Esprit 50% off

Info Vue6 Esprit 50% off

Hi

Just wanted to say that e-onsoftware's Vue6 Esprit is on sale until May 31, at 50% off. The sale price is 65€.

Vue6 is a complex program but in my opinion there is nothing like it on the 3D market. Take a look: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6_esprit/

//Anna
    //Anna

Post Which Package?

Thanks Anna,

Can you tell the difference between esprit and the other versions as far as mapping is concerned?

Anyone?

Sigurd

Post Vue d' Esprit is a 3D app

Vue d' Esprit is a 3D application - Anna uses it to create her realistic mountain terrains for her mapping. Look at her Greyhawk maps to get an idea.

3D is great for mapping, but a completely different animal to other types of graphics applications - although I've used 3D apps for many years, its a serious learning curve compared to other types of mapping.

Vue is great for creating realistic terrains, plantlife, forests, mountains and water. Think of Bryce another 3D app, only different.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks Gameprinter.

I was really asking in specific to the Vue tools.

Esprit is a reduced version of their 'extended' package. I was wondering if it was missing anything as far as mapping goes?

Sigurd

What percentage of advantage does Esprit have compared to the whole package?

The ”full features” versions of Vue6 are Infinite and Extreme, and the difference between them are the integration with other 3D apps like 3DStudio Max, Maya, LightWave etc.

Vue6 Esprit is the same app, but with some features removed. Most of these are render related for example indoor radiosity engine, and animation features, and light settings. These are things you seldom or never use for mapping or landscape illustration.

Ecosystems are very limited and the plant editor is missing. This is something you will love making outdoor scenes and photorealistic maps. Most of the functionality can be gained by getting the EcoSystem add-on and Botanica if you want to experiment with the looks of trees and other vegetation. These add-ons costs $99 and $39 respectively. With these Vue6 Esprit is a very interesting application to use to learn and master 3D illustration and mapmaking.

GamePrinter is spot on when he calls 3D apps a completely different animal with a serious learning curve. But if you want to tackle that animal I think Vue6 Esprit is a very good tool to use at a good price, but be prepared to get the add-ons.

Vue6 continues where Bryce leaves off. Bryce has the terrain but Vue6 has all the rest you find in landscapes and much more. But it takes it’s time to learn it. I have struggled for 6 months and finnally beginning to get somewhere, but I’m sure most of you here learn quicker than I do!

//Anna
    //Anna

Thanks for the heads up Anna,

I'm not jumping for it right now - too many other demands. I really might be interested if it happens again.

Sigurd.