Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lands of the ancient Manothian Empire

Map The lands of the ancient Manothian Empire

Many centuries ago the Manothian Empire was the most powerful land in the world. They dominated the lands on the south and west side of the Miriathian Sea, and they were quickly expanding beyond that, until corruption, famine, and civil war split the empire. Many say that the gods had forsaken the empire, and this was their punishment.

After that, the Manothian lands split into a handful of smaller, but still vast kingdoms, and since that time these lands have wared against their old enemies, and each other as they seek to regain their former glory.

The land itself is a somewhat harsh land. The western reaches are very dry filled with vast deserts, though these deserts are far from being devoid of life. Deep springs well up from within the mountains feeding a handful of streams and rivers that manage to keep flowing even through most of the driest months.

Further east lies the great swamps and jungles of Akothi, which eventually give way to the fertile but hot lands of Kanjayar. These are some of the most populous, and also most fertile lands of the old empire, though for the most part, it is but a puppet state for Ral Torath.

Ral Torath is the true power in the region. It is a small country, but wealthy. Of all of the countries, it holds to the traditions of the Manothian Empire the most, and unless something changes, it might not be long before the empire is reborn with Ral Torath at its lead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kesumi - Empire Lands.JPG 
Views:	815 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	3807  

Wonderful map. Love the lettering, love the colors, love the layout.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

90/100 man awesome map, I can't give a 100 or then it would be like godly and I would have to worship you.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Really great map. I like it a lot.

Guild Applicant

Thats a great map and the way the landforms are made are smart!!

Yeah, I'm surprised I never saw this before. Great work Landorl!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow, thanks for the nice comments! Nothing like having one of your older maps noticed!

I drew this map on a tablet. I used the outline from my main continental map, and then zoomed in to draw this.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice work. Repped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast