Thread: Hello from aqua!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Hello from aqua!

Hello broz and sis!
    Before i start, i want to say tsorry about my weak english, my first language is portuguese but i will try do my bast in the language

My name is Fernando, 32 yo, work with 3D drawing using Autodeks Inventor, Solid Works and Catia. Always loved maps, and tried undertand how ppl do so amazing maps possible find in internet. So doing a work for a friend, started serch for some maps and found Cartographers Guild, and got amazed with all the job and the friendly community.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC035491-745110.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	49872
    Yes, me after find Cartographer's Guild

U know, like all RPG players, i tried do my maps in machine, but mayeb for dont know all tools of Photoshp, started to believe that is impossible make maps with this software. So i came to here, found a lots of tutos, and started to learn everthing possible. Want to find Saderam and say my true tks coz his tuto (Saderan - A tutorial) make my dream a possible target now.
    Tried maps using a lots of images that find in internet, specialy tiles from RPG maker, but never got happy coz i just copied, nothing mine and personal.

Here, in this community i fell possible make my dream a reality and create a entire continent full of history and fact that i got in my 17 years of RPG. I tried introduce myself before, but shy to not show anything and sounds a bit leecher of ppl resources.Before Cartographer i was this:

Name:	20100525-0153.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	49873 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100525-1241.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	49874

And after Saderan's Tuto i started it:

Name:	Sem%u00252520T%25C3%25ADtulo-2%2520c%25C3%25B3pia1211neve.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	49875

Ok that is all, it is a small step for the others, but a big advace for me
    Hope soon start help ppl here and can show nice maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, First things First..Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Secondus, Have some rep for posting maps in your First Post

Thirdly, VERY nice start you have there!! Glad you were able to get over the shyness, because one of the best things we do here is get people from being starting mappers to becomeing Great Cartographers. And I like your progress already. I would suggest starting a WIP (Work In Progress) thread because you will get more help, comments praise and critique over there than having your maps "hidden" in the Intro threads. Don't forget that every one here, regardless of current ability and skills, started at the very beginning of the Mapping Journey. Make no mistake....it IS a journey, but it is one well worth it and best done with eyes open in wonder at all the places you end up going.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome !! I would second Korash's comments and also give you some rep for a great post filled with cool maps.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

I will start in WIP soon i finish some tests and search for more information in all forum I am full of ideas and just need put it in the skecth and post asap.

TY again and peace!

Welcome to the Guild Aquarits! I'm really glad to here that Tear's tutorial has been such a help to you, and I can definitely understand your desire to have a sense of ownership over your maps. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations as time goes on.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Helped and help!!! I will tnank Tear when i am able to send PMs

Righm i started a Map and posted here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...tml#post200526