Thread: Greetings from the North West

Post Greetings from the North West

I live on the west coast of Canada. I've been playing around with maps for years but I'm not a very good artist ... at least by hand. I figured I would throw down and post what I've come up with and follow the tutorials and see if I can improve my skills so my maps can match my imagination. For the moment it's all Work In Progress.

I have to say I'm incredibly impressed by many of the maps on this site. I hope at some point I can produce maps of this quality.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild. Cartography is both art and science and both can be learned. The journey starts here. I look forward to seeing you on the forum.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome Takeda999, you have come to the right place to develop your skills.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I haven't been hanging out here very long myself, but welcome!

Where on the Canadian West Coast are you? Victoria, Vancouver, elsewhere? I'm in Victoria myself... wonder if there's enough of us around to do a real-world meetup at some point?

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild Takeda999

Quote Originally Posted by Wirelizard View Post
    Where on the Canadian West Coast are you? Victoria, Vancouver, elsewhere? I'm in Victoria myself... wonder if there's enough of us around to do a real-world meetup at some point?
    You might find this interesting: Victoria GeoGeeks (Victoria, BC) - Meetup, It's more about real world GIS/Geomatics, but anyone with an interest in maps would probably be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    You might find this interesting: Victoria GeoGeeks (Victoria, BC) - Meetup, It's more about real world GIS/Geomatics, but anyone with an interest in maps would probably be welcome.
    That does look interesting, might have to investigate further.

Judging by the Lat/Long in your profile, you're up near Duncan/Cow Bay area, Hai-Etlik?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wirelizard View Post
    That does look interesting, might have to investigate further.

Judging by the Lat/Long in your profile, you're up near Duncan/Cow Bay area, Hai-Etlik?
    Yep, though I work in Victoria