Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

yes, basicaly 2 points JB
    The dimension, i printed in a A1 format and not satisfacted with the resolution. I will finish all the shape and the city positions for now. After it will follow 2 steps if i not get a help before
    1- Will do small maps and detailed of each region, so i can re-draw my "icons" like town and montains with a better quality.
    2- will reformat the size and make a general map, with the new icons i can just show the kingdowns and the frontiers

Now u said something that is causing me problens, the size of the file, when i am running PS it is like 12 gb... is it right?

And ty Kaila, it makes me keep doing

12 gb ... Yikes, that's large. But I am not a PS user myself, so I have no clue if 12gb is unusual. Let's ask that as a separate question - in a thread dedicated to that issue alone.

yeah, saved it is ~300mb

The map is very clean and resolution is really good!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

true? the dimensions arent big?

When you say 12GB, is that how much virtual memory Photoshop is using? Photoshop will happily eat up to some percentage of your physical RAM (it's under Edit>>Preferenceserformance) as you add layers and move things about. I wouldn't be terribly surprised at this memory usage if you're using lots of dynamic effects and have a whole lot of undo states stored.

300MB on disk means that Photoshop will probably be using 4 to 20 times that amount of memory for its internal buffers and then more again for undo states. If it's less than your physical RAM you probably won't see too much of a slowdown.

Flattening similar layers (like mountains) might help with this memory usage a bit, but you'll lose the one-layer-per-object editing that you might have become accustomed to.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

You can simply lower that virtual memory by setting the Protocol limits in the preferences to 5 or less. Sure that makes hard to undo things but save your GBs.
    Some of my maps reach about 20GB space, so well I have an extra 100GB hightspeed harddrive only for processing of Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Some of my maps reach about 20GB space, so well I have an extra 100GB hightspeed harddrive only for processing of Photoshop.
    I was lazier and just put 32GB in the machine. It's about the same speed as a hard dive these days, but the newer motherboard and everything else to support that much memory was a wee bit more than than.

Right i did it wal, and got it running at 6gb >.<
    probly using a lots of layers with effect, specialy Texts. now my file got 150mb when saved, helpd a lots.

Follow now my first idea wut to do with the map, is just a idea, since i am re-draing my montais, citys, castles...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teste.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	873.8 KB 
ID:	50629
    Last edited by aquarits; 12-21-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Ok, guess that is all. Now just need details all map and guess it will looks like repetitive may i call it finished?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dist_Sul_Fag_final cópia.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	50699   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dist_Pesca_Fag_final cópia.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	50700  

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast