Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post
    Yes, you are talking about the rivers. I am still with problens when need to resize the map to get a fine resolution to post in the forum. I will take care in this next map using larger fonts trying to avoid this issue.
    No I was talking about the mountains labels. But you're right, rivers labels aren't really legible aswell

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    No I was talking about the mountains labels. But you're right, rivers labels aren't really legible aswell
    you right, now i understood and fixed before the finished map
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post237440

For now i added my mountains and some deph features. I liked this mountains, ofc i used other maps as inspirations but in the end i guess i found something of my own creation Probly i will use it for my other maps till i am doing Egosm so i am trying to retry and have the sure that i can do it.
    I skiped the minor maps for now, trying to focus only in the region, worked in the background of the ice, hope it is giving a cold feling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step3.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	61360

After i get the positions of the mountains i believe finished the sticked places of the land. So i started set the cities.
    Why i did it before the rives? At start i tried put my rivers, but stand of the hardest situation that i got since beggin, the scale of this map is completely diferent of my older maps and i have some variations coz i am not using a completely plane shape, wut guides me for a future question: How i will stale this map using a non planar projection? ( hope some observations about that, but is not the point to worrie right now)
    With that situation i started set all cities before rivers and got a closely properly positions and just after this, i started work with the rivers and make some icons positions adjustments. At this point i stoped for a few mins and prayed to god saying thx for not having much rivers to set up in this map
    Only after all this job i started put the trees, trying to respect the max the position of my old maps.

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step3.1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	61361

I just added some standard textures and finishings just to start to see how it is going on. Dunno if the oceans will keep this color coz i want to add some freezing effect and maybe i need something more strong, like a deep blue. I have some other textures prepared for use but is for the next time

If this map is your whole world map, the scale of mountains, rivers and other elements looks very odd. All appears very big on it.

it is just the map of the 2 poles, not the whole world. North in the left side and south in the right.
    The hemispheres you can see in the minor maps, the ocident is in the upper map and the other is my east side.

Still a problem?

I don't know, the elements looks out of scale, the mountains looks like almost the same size as in your regional maps while the scale is obviously bigger.

It is a regional map, talking about area i can show the planar projection that i used. The area in this map is like the same that i used before, maybe the global view is giving a strange impression?
    Look at base projections

Name:	paradoxia_eqi.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	61365

Name:	tartaria_eqi.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	61366

The scale factor do not change a lots from my other maps, for this one i am using 1 mark as 55 km ( maybe adjusting for 50 km to be better to read).
    i aprecciate the observations and pls i just stoped draw this trying to see wut you are saying
    Last edited by aquarits; 02-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.

I guess i understood wut Max said, but if i make the icons small they will not looks fine, i guess
    This update i finished with all icons and tracks, like i said in beggin, i have not many things to

show in this place, well, they are poles, nobody wants to live there ... i think lol

I started to work in ocean effect, but still need work in the coast of the entire map. But is is for

the next update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tartaria_Paradoxia_step4.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	61621  
    Last edited by aquarits; 02-20-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728