Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My map ; WIP

Hi !
    This is the new version of this amazing map
    I hope you'll like it !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finale.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	572.7 KB 
ID:	12855  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty nice; the mountains look good and that cliff across the north is cool. The fonts look very nice too and I'm assuming this is a shrunk-down version so they probably look better at full scale. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks, but there is a problem ... It is not a shrunk down version (or maybe a little bit ; try to download the map and see if it is better, I believe that the thumbnail is a little bit shrank) !
    So, what do you think ? Duplicate the "Labels Outline" layer might make the labels stronger.
    In the precedent version, I have two layers for each outline. But they appear too strong to me. But it seems you are right ...

Is this one better ?

PS : forgive my poor english ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	574.0 KB 
ID:	12859  
    Last edited by Elvith Gent; 05-01-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If I get closer to the screen I can read the smaller labels better. It looks fine as is or in the previous version except for one thing...the labels for the forests should probably be stronger or have a darker glow.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The fonts in green (w/green outline) are a bit difficult to read (at least for me), but not overtly so. The rest seem OK.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok, I had changed this.
    Thanks for your comments, they were very useful !

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567