Thread: Axiie: Level Designer

Default Axiie: Level Designer

I'm new to this forum; mostly when I find a new place, I like to lurk, but after seeing the quality of work and presentation, and the community activity, I decided it was a place worth investing a little time in, if not many, many... too many hours

My chief interest is Level Design & building for various game projects, as well as creating maps in a variety of software packages. The reason I found this place is because friends and I have recently just started getting into D&D 4ED, and me wanting to DM decided to look for some practical advice about building worlds and creating maps for them, leading me here.

I have two lovely dogs, whom I spend a lot of time with walking when I'm not vegging out on the PC, I sketch a lot as well, and on occasion I do paint miniatures from various ranges.

I do have a few questions, if I may (apologies if these are covered in a rules thread; I shall be reading that after this post):
    Are there any specifics regard the type of map shown? World maps seem to be a key theme, but for example, can people show specific maps of towns as well, perhaps dungeons also?
    Is there an unwritten rule regarding the theme of maps; may I upload a map based on a Sci-Fi theme, or a Star System map?

Many thanks, and I look forward to interacting with you all

There are sub-forums for specific map types (such as regional, dungeon, town). There is a sci-fi map sub-forum and I think everyone here would gladly welcome more sci-fi/star/modern/near future maps here!

Anyway, welcome!

Any kind of map, even stuff that are at the very fringe to be considered maps. Maps of worlds, regions, cities/towns, encounter scale, dungeons, caverns; star systems or galaxies even. Maps for RPGs, fiction novels, video/online games, virtual tabletop apps, commercial maps, historic real world maps - any kind of map. We also create map objects - buildings, furniture, trees, people, monsters.

Many here are gamers and amateur mappers, but professionals, publishers, map software designers, 3D modelers are among the members. Many participate in Monthly Mapping Challenges including a Lite version for less skilled mappers. Usually there is no prizes, rather award icons and recognition among the members.

Check out the Finished Maps and Cartographers' Choice map forums for finished works, WIP forums for works-in-progress, Tutorial forums for instruction on creating various kinds of maps with varying software - there are many forums worth checking out!

Welcome to the site - enjoy and learn!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes; I'm actually working on my first post for this forum, perhaps sometime midweek. Both looking forward too, and slightly nervous about that one.

Welcome to the Guild Axiie, we look forward to seeing your first post.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh