Thread: Hand drawn maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Hand drawn maps

So, the other day I tumbled over my old hand drawn maps, and I thought it a good idea to share them with the guild. So take a look, here they are:

The Cathedral of The Three
    A sketch of the larger encounter map I drew. Where the big-scale map is, I don't know, so you only get to see it's ugly little cousin. I think sometime I'll try and revamp this to practice my skills on interior/encounter maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kathedrale der Drei_0001.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	49969

Unknown World
    Unknown, for this world is just a back-up should the world in my current campaign be utterly destroyed. It has a strong elemental theme (hence the floating rocks, Maelstrom, volcanoes). It is a work in progress, since I only come to work on it when there's nothing else to do - and lately there is a lot to do for me.

Name:	world map 1.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	1,000.3 KB 
ID:	49973 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world map 2.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	920.3 KB 
ID:	49972

Serpent Hills
    Speaking of my current campaign, it started out in this region of Faerun, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. First map I drew for my gaming group, using what WotC already provided. It is simple pencil on a tea-stained and burned paper.

Name:	Serpent Hills Map.jpg 
Views:	1123 
Size:	1,013.1 KB 
ID:	49971

Deathwinter
    The dreadful name of my last campaign in which I sported my own world (which maybe borrowed a name or two). The map was first drawn with pencil, afterwards I used black ink to flesh it out. This time I used some coloured paper to begin with.

Name:	Totenwinter Karte Final.jpg 
Views:	5469 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	49970

So much for my work so far. As I said, some of it I want to gimp up a bit, when i find the time (after the Donnerholm Project).
    Last edited by Rinsewjind; 11-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Pretty cool! It's always fun to see what we used to do back in the day. =)

I actually like your Unknown World, it's pretty unique.

Cheers!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those are really great. ( I especially like the Cathedral of the Three) I love the old bits and bobs from campaigns. I have boxes of notes and scribbles from my own campaign and the one I have been playing (on and off) for almost 30 years. It's all history and it's very very cool. Thanks for sharing !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Glad you like it. Especially my unknown world, since it's quite unexploited, I like to see grow. I think it might be the next bit after Donnerholm I turn to (if my players don't come up with other exotic locations to explore). It would be the first world-map I create using my pc and GIMP, so a lot of new tutorials to read . But first things first. Also, everyone feel free to use what you find here at home, if you like. After all, these worlds want to breahte life!